VODO has a write up from Omar Yanez at New Business Model: File-sharing site coalition to distribute indie flicks.
From the article:
An interesting aspect of this model, aside from the use of P2P technology to distribute and promote the film, but that the downloaders can donate to the movie’s creator. VODO is expected to roll-out a series of revenue offerings for creators, while still maintaining its free sharing core.
This is what technology and innovative models are good for, empowering creators to gain audiences.
Leave a comment
- Mathilde’s Misses: A Story Of The World’s First Homeless Beauty Pageant – Free-To-Share On VODO
- We’re doing something amazing… (or VODO is DOWN!)
- Warring Factions – A Story Of Breakdancing Across US/Iranian Divides, Free-To-Share On VODO
- The Harvest Project – A Surgical Thriller, Free-To-Share On VODO
- Till You Get To Baraboo – An Indie Rom Com, Free-To-Share On VODO