VODO has a write up from Omar Yanez at New Business Model: File-sharing site coalition to distribute indie flicks.
From the article:
An interesting aspect of this model, aside from the use of P2P technology to distribute and promote the film, but that the downloaders can donate to the movie’s creator. VODO is expected to roll-out a series of revenue offerings for creators, while still maintaining its free sharing core.
This is what technology and innovative models are good for, empowering creators to gain audiences.
Leave a comment
- The Terror Aboard The Speedwell: Interactive, Sci-Fi Fiction
- I Killed Adolf Hitler: Meet Your New Favourite Time Travelling Contract Killer
- Orborun: Become The Pinball, In This Feel-Good, Futuristic Racer-Puzzler
- War Stories: Pay-What-You-Want For The Future Of War, Now
- Scare Yourself Stiff –– The Really Creepy Bundle